Requirements for the DV Participants.
- Diversity visa lottery program is conducted by the KCC. This is to maintain the diversity of the people who are living in the USA. This is an official program mandated by the U.S Senate House.
- There are 50,000 immigrant visas available under this program every year.
The draw is conducted through a computer random name selection program. Provided computers will select nearly 100,000 winners from the submitted entries. These entries were submitted through the internet. During the application form submitting period. Out of this 100,000 winners, 50,000 winners will be selected to issue with these visas, at their interviews.
Requirement and Whom are Eligible?
(Must meet the #1 and #2 Instructions)
- People whom were born in countries that are listed as eligible countries can participate in this draw. Those people who were born in Nigeria and Bangladesh were not allowed to participate in the draw. Their countries had sent more than 50,000 people within the last 5 years. So in the DV-2020 draw their countries were not marked as eligible countries. To claim your eligibility by other means , please read the current DV instructions’ requirement.
- Participants should have successfully completed their High School Certificate after studying it for 12 years in the Junior and Senior Schools. Or they must have 2 years of work experience within the last 5 year. After learning the profession for 2 years. Use the Onet* section to view the eligible profession list.
- Those who want to participate in the draw must be more than 18 years of age.
No higher age limit is set for the applicants.
- Winners will NOT get the visas right away, but will be asked to proof their eligibility at their visa processing interview in their country U.S Embassy or USCIS Office in the USA, by paying a non refundable visa processing fee of US$ 330. Primary applicant and each of his dependents too must pay the required visa processing fee on the dy of the interview.
- Must meet the medical examination and have to proof their good health.
- The winner must have enough money to live in the USA for at least 6 months without a job. Other wise should provide an Affidavit of Support saying that he will not become as a “Public Charge” in the USA.
- Police clearance is required.
Military service certificate is necessary where legal papers require them.
Primary applicant and each dependent must provide an Affidavit of Support provided by a US citizen or LPR holder through the I-134 form. Winners in the USA must use the I-864 affidavit of support form.For full information on this requirements, read the latest DV instructions.
- One entry can be applied with a person’s name as primary applicant. If tried to apply more entries, they won’t be accepted by KCC.
- If both husband and wife meet the Eligible requirements, both can submit one entry each for the family.
- Each person must upload one recently taken color DV photo without glasses with white back round.
- Family means, husband, wife, their own eligible children including previous marriage children and all the Legally adopted children. They must be entered in their birth order.
- Don’t try to include family members after winning the DV-2020 draw.